Wednesday, February 2, 2011

PLEASE DOWNLOAD A FRESH COPY OF MY FREE EBOOK. Urgent anouncement!

Jacqueline Howett is the author of The Greek Seaman. A seafaring novel, on Kindle and Smashwords.


 Hi everyone. All of you who uploaded Free yesterday or this morning my novel, The Greek Seaman from Smashwords on to your gadgets, sony etc, or Kindle-(.mobi) please pick up a fresh copy. There was a font format problem that has now been fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm glad that is solved. I worked all morning and until 1.30 on solving that. Please contact me here or e-mail me if you see any further problems, so it can be fixed. But really, all the writing format should now be in the same font. I gave several a test run, but am not sure how PDF or Sony looks like, so I would sure be happy to get some feed back. I am also posting this message now over at Facebook. If you know anyone who downloaded a copy please let them know.


I want to say thanks to all you who have downloaded my novel, The Greek Seaman. Jacqueline.

All of you who intend to download a copy of my Free novel, remember this promotional offer ends on Saturday 12th 2011.


Here is the link to Smashwords to download my Free ebBook to your Kindle (.mobi) or gadget or computer.
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/21046



To read direct from the Smashwords screen in HTML click here:
http://www.smashwords.com/extreader/read/21046/1/the-greek-seaman


As for Amazon Kindle direct, I'm afraid Self published Indie author/Publishers don't get to hand out Free eBooks directly from Kindle, only via another venue. So Smashwords is playing its part here to bring Kindle books to everyone via another way. And ofcourse various other outlets. That means Kindle will be keeping my price for now at $0.99 cents the minimum price they will allow. I think this might also be for the Nook too at Barnes and Noble.  Funny, you can go through Smashwords, however and get the Kindle same down load Free.


Those of you interested in such debates and why only big dog publishers get that Free eBook privalige, here's a link  to Ben Metcalfe where they talk about that topic.

http://benmetcalfe.com/blog/2010/01/something-fishy-going-on-with-kindle-free-bestseller-ebooks/

No comments:

Post a Comment